A Bit About ME

I am a junior at University of South Alabama. I transferred to South Alabama from Bishop State Community College, College of Business. I chose to pursue a degree in Elementary Ed because every important career in the United States is began in an Elementary Ed classroom. I find joy in effectively teaching because it gives me proud to know that I had a part in child's learning. Being an excellent mother is not easy and I am raising my children very well. I know I will be a great teacher as I am mother.

I graduate from South Alabama in May 2010. I plan to reside in Northern Alabama or Northern Georgia. I want to work in inner city schools because they are known for having low achievement scores and I am up for the challenge. I believe every child can learn with the understanding of each individually child.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Blogs

Blogs are becoming more and more popular. Blogs are like mini websites used as personal journals or informational pages that individuals all over the world can view and comment. I would love for my students to create a personal one for my classroom. To protect their privacy I would put a block on their pages so that only school officials, students, and parents to view their work. My students could enhance their writing and typing skills by simply engaging in blogging. I could have my students submit daily posts about their day at school or a dream or goal they are closer to accomplishing. I could post their homework assignments and even upcoming projects! Blogging would essential to my classroom.

There were many examples of blogs being utilized in the classrooms of K-12 schools in the United States. Blogs were used as virtal realities, information page and as communication. Some were outstanding. I want to use them as a paperless journal to keep on file. Blogs seem to be used in any kind of way to be display. To create a free blog of your own CLICK HERE!

No comments: